Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Trevon Diggs believed Cowboys would land
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Do 16. Feb 2023, 15:52 

Consider for a moment what was up against as a rookie. His dream of playing in the came true when he got the call as the second-round pick of the in 2020, but there wasn't much time to bask in that moment. He was entering the fold on the heels of the club refusing to ante up the funds to re-sign shutdown corner , and in an offseason that also didn't exist -- due to the raging COVID-19 pandemic. Acclimating to the profe sional ranks is difficult enough for a rookie, but doing so virtually makes it exponentially more difficult, and with a defensive coordinator that should've Will Butcher Kids Jersey never been one in North Texas.Despite it all, Diggs went on to have a breakout campaign in Year 1, but the Cowboys knew he needed a dynamic complement and Dan Quinn didn't view the current stable of outside cornerbacks -- keeping in mind is a nickel corner -- to be worthy of that nod. As such Travis Zajac Jersey , they looked to the 2021 , eyeing Patrick Surtain II or as their top targets to fill the need opposite Diggs, but they went off of the board at No. 8 and No. 9, respectively, leading to the Cowboys trading back from No. 10 to No. 12 and selecting top linebacker prospect .Prior to the spoiling the Cowboys plans on Surtain, Diggs was all but certain he'd reunite with his former Alabama teammate in Dallas. That said, he's more than pleased with seeing get the honor in the second round, and feels things fell as they did for a greater purpose."I did watch the draft and I did think that, but you never know what happens," Diggs said from the second day of OTAs. "You never know what happens with the draft. I'm grateful for what we got. Kelvin Joseph has looked good in practice. "He's explosive, fast -- everything. I'm happy. At the same time, I thought we were going to get my guy, but we didn't. But everything worked out as it should, and everything happened for a reason."I feel like this happened for a good reason." shows him to be an impre sive talent who hawks the ball much like Diggs does, and the two should make for a strong CB duo going forward, and he's already begun helping the Jesper Bratt Jersey rookie get his NFL bearings on the heels of rookie minicamp -- hoping to help Joseph have a similar year to the one that ."Just keep your head down and work," he told Joseph. "Just work hard and keep your head down and work and everything will take care of itself." As for his own progre s, Diggs isn't resting on the laurels of a first year that saw him overcome the aforementioned adversities and lead the team in interceptions (3) and pa s break ups (14) -- the latter being nine more than second place. He was also sixth-best in combined tackles (58) and did it all in 11 starts as opposed to 16, having been sidelined several games with a foot injury that's no longer a concern."I feel I will be an improved player from last season, and this year Ken Daneyko Jersey will be a good year," said Diggs. "Just got to be focused. I got one year under my belt to see how everything is and transition into Michael Mcleod Men Jersey the NFL. I'm excited to see what year two has to come."But what specifically does he plan on working on?"Everything, in my opinion," he added. "I feel like I always need to get better every day at something. So, I always set my ceiling high, looking at something to get better at every day. So, it's not one thing that I can quite pinpoint, but it's something that I need to work on everyday. It's how I go about my work everyday when I come into practice, come into the building."That's the type of answer that helps turn really good players into great ones.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC