Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: NFL Week 12 picks and power rankings plu
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Do 16. Feb 2023, 16:10 

Instead of sending you guys an NFL newsletter today, I thought about turning this into a Thanksgiving newsletter where I share recipes with you, but then I remembered that I don't actually know any recipes, so I had to scrap that idea.Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm starting to feel like fans aren't feeling so thankful this year about the fact that their team signed . The man goes to bed at 9:15 p.m. ET every night, which I'm only noting because he played like a guy who goes to bed at 9:15 p.m. ET every night. Brady threw two interceptions and arguably had his ugliest game of the season in Tampa Bay's surprising 27-24 lo s to the .Of course, I won't keep talking about that game now, because we've got a lot of Brady stuff planned for the newsletter, so let's get to the good stuff. As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the newsletter. All you have to do is . 1. Today's Show: Tom Brady flops in Buccaneers lo s to RamsI was told that the Buccaneers signed Tom Brady to replace this year, but I'm starting to feel like all they did was give a Brady jersey to Jamies and that Winston is still Tampa Bay's quarterback, because that's the only way to explain how badly Brady played on Thursday during the Rams' 27-24 win. Thomas Vanek Jersey Here are three quick highlights from the game:Tom Brady was horrible. It's not often that you can put pretty much all the blame for a lo s on Tom Brady, but I think we can do that in this game. I'm not sure if Father Time has finally caught up with Brady, but the 43-year-old looked absolutely horrible. Not only did he misfire on multiple deep balls, but he also threw two very ugly interceptions. If you want to . was unstoppable.The irony of this game is that the way Tom Brady played on Monday is how I thought Jared Dominik Hasek Jersey Goff was going to play. If any QB was going to get flustered and struggle, I thought for sure it would be Goff, but instead, the Rams quarterback had one of his best games of the season, throwing for 376 yards and three touchdowns. and went off.Goff completed 39 pa ses and 23 of those went to the combination of Kupp and Woods, who ran circles around Tampa Bay's secondary. Kupp finished the game with 11 catches for 145 yards while Woods tallied 130 yards and a touchdown on 10 catches. Their performance marked just the fourth time in history that two teammates both finished a game with 11 or more catches for 130 or more yards. As for the podcast, we spent most of our time debating whether Tom Brady is washed up. What that entailed was the three of us -- Ryan Wilson, Will Brinson and I -- going through nearly every quarterback in the NFL and trying to decide whether we would have the 2020 version of Brady or the other quarterback. You're probably going to want to listen.To listen to today's episode -- and subscribe to the podcast -- . 2. Tom Brady handshakegate continuesFor some people, getting together with your family for Thanksgiving can lead to a lot of drama, but I'm gue sing it won't be as much drama as Tom Brady has single-handedly created this year with his postgame handshakes. Brady has snubbed at least two different quarterbacks after the with Jared Goff. If you want to see Goff aimle sly wandering around the field looking for Brady to shake his hand after the game, . By my count, Brady has played in 11 games this year and has snubbed exactly two people: Goff and . There are multiple theories on why Brady will shake the hands of some people, but not others, so let's take a look at those theories.He's a sore loser. This one would make sense, but he shook hands with Pat Lafontaine Women Jersey after the Buccaneers lost 34-23 in Week 1. That being said, both the Foles and Goff handshake snubs did come after Tampa Bay lost the game.He has no relationship with Goff or Foles. This is po sible, but he did meet with after the Buccaneers played the and I can't imagine he has much of a relationship with a rookie quarterback who went to college on the west coast.He's trying to follow COVID protocols. The NFL is actually discouraging postgame handshakes this year due to COVID, but this reason doesn't fly, because if Brady were following protocol, he wouldn't have shaken anyone's hand this season.What all this means is that I now can't wait for the clock to hit zero in the Chiefs-Buccaneers game on Sunday. I never thought I'd be excited for a postgame handshake, but here we are. Brady still has games against , , and x 2, and if I had to gue s, I'd say Cousins is the only one who might get snubbed. I have no idea why, but he just feels like he'll be the next guy snubbed based on Brady's pattern. 3. Pete Prisco unveils his Week 12 power rankingsNo one loves to rank things more than Pete Prisco. For Week 12, I thought for sure he was going to rank Thanksgiving side dishes, but that didn't happen, so I gue s I'll have to go somewhere else for my side dish ranking. However, if you're looking for NFL power rankings, Prisco did supply some of those this week, which was mildly surprising because he usually takes the entire week off if there's Matt Tennyson Kids Jersey anything that even remotely resembles a holiday on the calendar. I think he once took two weeks off for Arbor Day. Anyway, let's get to the rankings. Prico's top five has one newcomer this week in the . Here's a look at the top five teams in his rankings this week: Colts (Up EIGHT spots from last week) (Down one spot from last week)I'm not going to spoil the rest of the power rankings here, but I am going to give you a few nuggets: The and the had the biggest falls of the week as they both dropped six spots. The Ravens have lost three of four, so I fully endorse the fact that they dropped from six to 12. However, I think Pete must be drinking his Thanksgiving wine already for what he did to the Raiders. He dropped them from seventh to 13th, even though they almost beat the No. 2 team in his rankings. As for the NFC, the biggest tumble went to the Buccaneers, who fell from fifth to 10th. Tom Brady is clearly dragging that team down. Like the rest of us, Pete has no respect for the NFC East. Of the eight worst teams in his power rankings this week, four of them are from that division with the (25th), (26th), (28th) and Washington (29th) all ranked near the bottom. The crazy part is that one of those teams is actually going to make the playoffs.The Colts made the biggest jump of any team this week, moving up a total of eight spots from 12th to fourth. I've been trying to tell Prisco for weeks that the Colts are actually good and it appears Jordan Nolan Women Jersey that he finally listened. Actually, I don't think he listened at all. The only reason they moved up is because they beat Prisco's darling Packers. Note to all teams: The only way to get any respect in the Power Rankings is to beat the Packers.In a surprise to no one, the are still ranked last. If you want to know

Alle Zeiten sind UTC