Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: 2019 NFL QB market wont be the same as 2
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 07:42 

It's going to be a long time before we see another offseason of unbridled quarterback activity like we did in 2018. In fact, we might never see Kira Lewis Jr. Jersey it again, when you account for all of the trades and signings (including a bevy of recent playoff starting QBs), and then the record-tying five pa sers who were selected in the first round as well.And, well, 2019 ain't gonna be close.Not by a long-shot. For one thing, the flurry of quarterback transactions, in and of itself, mitigates much of the short-term QB need. And this draft is sizing up to be anything but a boom for quarterbacks, particularly if potential top-overall pick stays at as expected. Neverthele s, there will still be roughly a half-dozen teams that will be searching for a veteran stop-gap starter, and/or a potential franchise arm, in the draft.It's also becoming clear, now more than halfway through the season, which teams are likely to move on from their current starter for one reason or another, whether it be age, ineffectivene s, contract, presence of a young upstart QB, or all of the above. In talks with agents and personnel executives in recent weeks, a blueprint of the quarterback market is starting to take shape. More NFL There are four places where a very cogent argument could be made that the team lacks a viable quarterback of the present and/or future, and where a change would Eric Bledsoe Jersey frankly seem likely at this point. The are enduring another injury-plagued, lost season with , and I have a hard time seeing ownership going down this road in 2019 whether he makes sweeping staff changes or not. Tampa recommitting to , with very likely a new coach and GM taking over, seems like a stretch right now, though I do continue to hear Winston will get a long look before the season ends. The sticking with in 2019 would be beyond the pale. And the are getting ready to look at rookie and will need at the very least a veteran to mentor and push him in 2019, if not an outright starter to replace . The have a decision to make with , and whether or not it is time to draft a QB with a top pick. Keenum is set to make $18M in 2019 with $7M of it guaranteed; regardle s, Denver is going to be adding a quarterback or two this offseason. If the finally make a coaching change this season, and Marvin Lewis is gone, might the new regime kickstart a rebuild by shopping and go in a different direction? He carries no guaranteed money and no dead cap hit if dealt, and with salaries of $16M and $17.5M left on his deal that would be a very trade-friendly contract, indeed. And, if this ends up being the year the retires, well, then, duh, New England needs a quarterback, too.The free-agent crop is nothing like New Orleans Pelicans Hoodie last year's, with there being just one potential young cornerstone of the group and he was available last year, too. would be the obvious starter in a lot of quarterback rooms right now, and while the would love to keep him as insurance, the market for him could be robust in 2019. Beyond that, , , and (who could retire) and, gulp, are probably the three most intriguing options of the guys currently set to be UFAs (with aged vets like Manning and , after they are released, set to join them).There is another a group of quarterbacks who fall into the category of potential trade, or cap-space casualty. was always facing an uphill climb to stay in Baltimore beyond 2018, due to production and a $27M cap figure, and the can save $18.5M in cash and $10.5M in cap if they are able to trade him (or they simply cut him). Would Jon Gruden go full-throttle on his rebuild and see if he could fetch two very high picks for ? Could the Dolphins get anything for Tannehill with that $18.75M salary (and $27M cap hit)? If not, a June 1 cut designation could be the best way out. I figure that same designation would be coming for Blake Bortles in Jacksonville as well. How about Winston? One would think his baggage, and poor play this season, make him impo sible to trade on a fifth-year option, though maybe he finishes strong to boost his stock. It would take significant value to lure out of Indy but if I'm the Giants I'd deal my high second-round pick for the chance to see what he can do. How about and the way he is shining with the ? Could he launch himself into a starting conversation elsewhere via trade with Jimmy G Rawle Alkins Jersey coming back to the Bay in 2019?It will be fascinating to see if the limited draft pool, coupled with some le s-than-appealing free-agent options, will lead to a vibrant trade market. I will be very interested to see how the market responds to some of the hefty price tags on these veteran quarterbacks. The more I size up the available options, the more I would take my chances with Bri New Orleans Pelicans Jeresy sett in the final year of that rookie contract making le s than $1M. The could be sitting in an envious spot with him. What about Bri sett, or Keenum (who head coach Pat Shurmur shined with in Minnesota in 2017) to the Giants? What about Bri sett back to the Pats if Brady actually did call it a Hall of Fame career? How about Carr (whose contract of $20M/year the next four years is e sentially a swap with what Tannehill would have made) in Miami, where ownership needs to do something to get people's attention? Flacco to the Jaguars, if they think they can still contend? Bridgewater to the Bucs?The moves will lack the star-power and magnitude from a year ago quantity and quality, overall but expect there to be plenty of quarterback trade chatter by the time we get to the combine in February. And at least a handful of actual trades after that.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC