Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: 2019 NFL Win Totals Entire NFC South mig
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 07:52 

The NFL Draft is deep in the rearview. OTAs are underway, but we are hurtling towards the dead period in the NFL. There's no better time to embark upon a dangerous but fun mi sion: looking at the win totals for every and deciding whether or not each team will win more or le s games than Vegas predicts.Nothing ages better than predictions in May right? Turns out I'm not terrible at it! The last few seasons have been pretty profitable: 2016 I and . In 2017 I . Last year in the NFC was not ideal with a 7-8-1 record. The AFC was once again absurd, as I went 12-4 in my over/under picks for that conference.For you math majors, my AFC record from MAY the last three years is 34-11-3 in terms of picking over-unders. That's stupid. I'd tell you to bet on every AFC pick I give here, but there's some regre sion coming at some point probably.Last year we went team-by-team with these picks, but this year we'll be going back to the divisional format I used in 2016 and 2017. If you hate any picks, love any picks or have better ideas, leave them in the comments or . You can also get , as we run through each division Dewayne Dedmon Jersey on our DAILY PODCAST over the next few weeks. Listen to the latest episode breaking down the NFC South and the with Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer in the player below.All lines are courtesy of the Westgate at the time the article was published. They're subject to change, but I'll be grading myself next May on these numbers. The numbers next to the win total indicate the juice. If an over is +150, it means you make $150 for betting $100. If it's -150 you need to bet $150 just to win $100.Win Total: 10.5 Over (+105) / Under (-125)This is a hefty number, even for a loaded team like New Orleans. But do you really want to bet against and Sean Payton? After a trio of 7-9 seasons, the Saints struck gold with their 2017 draft cla s and have won 24 games since, magically improving the defense almost overnight. They are one of the steadiest NFL powers over the last two years, with an offensive pedigree that extends back more than a decade. Brees is the only real question mark: his arm strength seemed noticeably sapped down the stretch during the 2018 season -- in his final four games Blake Griffin Jersey of the season (Brees did not play in Week 17), he threw just three touchdowns and three interceptions, completed le s than 70 percent of his pa ses (ha) and averaged le s than seven yards per attempt (hmm). A suming there isn't a huge fall over a cliff this year, we can probably chalk it up to being dinged up or just fatigued. But it warrants watching as the season gets deeper. The rest of the offense should be fine. is a superstar already. The lack of concerns me a little, but is a nice supplement. could be the best receiver in football. flashed big last year for stretches. retirement is another low-key concern when it comes to this offense, but this should still be a very good offensive line. Defensively, the Saints might be loaded. They after finishing eighth overall in 2017. Weird how that translates to wins. This schedule concerns me though. The Saints are on the road twice in the first three weeks against studly teams (@ , @ ) and then play stout defenses on the road (@ , @ ) in Weeks 6 and 7. If they go 3-1 in those games, they'll shatter this win total. Considering they outperformed their win projection by almost two full wins last season and have some concerns with transition, I'll lean the other way.VERDICT: UNDERWin Total: 8.5 Over (-130) / Under (+110) I cursed this team last Detroit Pistons Jeresy year with my warlock-like powers and for that I am truly sorry. I'll pick someone new to put a curse on next year. Maybe that's why the Falcons didn't bother upgrading their defensive depth; they know I can't ruin their defensive stars again. In truth, the Falcons were one of the luckiest teams in football on an injury basis in 2017 and just middle of the pack last year, . The Falcons had the win profile of just under an eight-win team, so they certainly underperformed/got unlucky from that perspective, but the presumption that they have to be healthier this year because some defensive stars got injured is a faulty one. Here's the other problem: this defense has never really been that good. The top finish for Atlanta the last four years? 22nd in DVOA. I like the players Dan Quinn has and think he's a good coach. The defense has improved over the course of multiple seasons, but it's never been good for a full season. I thought it would happen last year and Atlanta's D cratered with injuries. , , and is a strong front four. being back and healthy is critical. Same with in the secondary, where and could develop into a nice set of corners on the outside. Offensively, this is a loaded team. is great and has Dirk Koetter, a familiar face, as his OC. and is off-the-charts dangerous. is underrated and should be healthy. Adding and gives them talent all over the line. But boy do they need a hot start. The Falcons open up against the (road), (home), (road) and (home). That's tough. Then they get the (road), (road), Rams (home) and Seahawks (home). Sitting at Deividas Sirvydis Jersey 4-4 heading into the Week 9 bye without having played a single divisional game wouldn't be out of the question at all. I'm having them squeak by here but wouldn't want to bet it; 8-8 could absolutely happen.VERDICT: OVERCarolina PanthersWin Total: 7.5 Over (-130) / Under (+105)Remember, these lines move frequently. The Panthers shifted by a half game over the last week or so, dropping off the eight mark. It's odd because there's been good news about shoulder -- I discu sed that with Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer in the podcast above -- and I wouldn't be surprised if it moved back up to eight after the signing. There's a lot to like about this defense, with the additions of McCoy, and . Ron Rivera is going to be extremely creative with how he operates and it could do some damage. Ultimately it all comes down to Cam. This team was 6-2 last year before he fell off a cliff and they got destroyed by the on Thursday Night Football in Pittsburgh. They finished 7-9 and everyone nearly got fired. Norv Turner's offense was exceptional and the pieces are there, with Cam and and D.J. Moore and and , for this to be dangerous again. It all falls on Newton's arm. If he's healthy, their schedule is pretty good -- home games against the Rams and Bucs to open aren't lock wins, but they're winnable games. They get the Cardinals and the Texans on Bruce Brown Jr. Jersey the road next, then the Jags at home and the Bucs in London before their Week 7 bye. I would think 3-3 is the floor there with a healthy Cam, and there's some serious upside. McCoy gets his old team twice in the first six weeks! He's coming out HOT. For now, with the total dipped a bit and some optimism surrounding Cam, I'll be optimistic.VERDICT: OVERWin Total: 6.5 Over (+105) / Under (-130)A team that spent all last se

Alle Zeiten sind UTC