Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Eric Berry surprised the Chiefs havent s
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 08:25 

Time hasn't quite run out on the Chiefs and Eric Berry, but it's slowly wasting away. The two sides have until Friday to reach an agreement on a long-term contract. Otherwise, the situation might get ugly between the and team.Speaking with on Friday, Berry revealed that he's surprised about the lack of progre s."I thought it would progre s a little bit more," Berry, 27, said. "But it's still been pretty much the same since the last time we talked. A lot can change in a week. Austin Watson Kids Jersey A lot can change for whenever the deadline is."That last part is the important part. Berry is hardly the only franchise-tagged player lacking a long-term deal, so are Von Miller and Alshon Jeffery, to name a couple more. And no one should be surprised by the lack of progre s in any of those situations. Long-term contracts tend to get signed on or near deadline day -- just look at when Dez Predators Blank Men Jersey Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, and the Chiefs' Justin Houston signed their deals last year. As Berry said himself, "a lot can change for whenever the deadline is." 7/1: Franchised player, team "optimistic" about deal 7/8: Sides are "far away"7/14: Panic7/15: Player signs contractRepeat every year Sean Wagner-McGough (@seanjwagner) "You know miracles happen -- I'm a witne s," Berry said. "So it might go down to the wire, you know ... and hopefully they handle their end, and hopefully it comes together like it's Samuel Girard Jersey supposed to."That's exactly what I'm gue sing will happen. The Chiefs can't really afford to let contract negotiations get ugly considering what Berry means to the franchise and the city. Just about a year ago, Berry returned to the field He ended up winning The Chiefs have already indicated they want to keep Berry around for the long haul. According to Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in March that they'd like Berry "to be a Chief for a very, very long time." And Berry feels the same way."Obviously I'd love to be a Chief -- I want to be a Chief long term, just because of the community, the staff, from top to bottom, the players and everything," Berry said. "But sometimes things don't go as planned, and I'm Kyle Turris Men Jersey prepared for that, but hopefully it goes as planned, and I'm prepared for that, as well." a former agent, wrote last week, a long-term deal would also grant the Chiefs' salary cap relief that they need: The five year, $51.25 million extension Harrison Smith signed with the Vikings last month should pave the way for a deal. Smith established new benchmarks for safeties in average yearly salary ($10.25 million) and overall guarantees ($28.578 million). In addition to topping Smith's Pekka Rinne Men Jersey new standards, the $22 million that the Patriots' Devin McCourty has fully guaranteed at signing in his contract will likely be important to Berry. Kansas City is last in the NFL in salary cap room with slightly over $225,000 available. A long-term deal will give the Chiefs some much-needed salary cap relief. It could be as much as $7.5 million because the Chiefs typically structure their most lucrative contracts with modest first year cap numbers.If for whatever reason the Chiefs and Berry can't reach agreement by Friday, Berry would have two options: Play under a $10.8 million one-year deal or refuse to sign the franchise tender and hold out. The Chiefs have until Friday to avoid that scenario.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC