Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Patriots 2016 draft pick retires at age
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 09:01 

Former wide receiver has decided to Nick Anderson Jersey call it quits after playing just two seasons in the . The 25-year-old during an event at the University Of Georgia on Friday.Although Mitchell didn't play in the NFL for long, Patriots fans will likely remember him forever due to the fact that he was arguably New England's most unsung hero during the team's improbable 34-28 win over Atlanta in LI.If not for Mitchell, the Patriots likely wouldn't have been able to come back from the 28-3 deficit they were facing late in the third quarter. Not only did Mitchell catch six pa ses for 70 yards in the game, but five of those catches came in the fourth quarter during crunch time Nate Lowe Jersey when the Patriots needed him most. Malcolm Mitchell thru the first three quarters of Super Bowl 51:2 targets1 reception7 yards0 first downsMalcolm Mitchell in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl 51:5 targets5 receptions63 yards4 first downs Tucker Boynton (@Tucker_TnL) Mitchell's biggest catch of the game came just over seven minutes left to play. With Patriots trailing 28-12 and facing a third-and-11, found Mitchell for a 12-yard gain that kept the drive alive. Two plays later, the Patriots would score a touchdown and a two-point conversion that trimmed the ' lead to 28-20.The final catch of Mitchell's career was an 11-yard gain with just 2:34 Michael Perez Jersey left to play in the Super Bowl. Four plays after that, the Patriots scored a touchdown and two-point conversion that ended up tying the game at 28. After the Patriots' Super Bowl win, the receiver only played in one more for New England before being cut in August 2018. He spent the entire 2017 season on injured reserve due to an ongoing i sue with his knee. After sitting out the 2018 season, Mitchell had hoped to return in 2019. The receiver that he was rehabbing his knee with hopes of making a comeback after undergoing the 10th surgery Chaz Roe Jersey of his football career."I'm still motivated. I'm still encouraged," Mitchell said at the time. "I'm recovering -- the last surgery totaled out to be No. 10, and it takes a little while to come back from it, but I am working my way back. And Mike Brosseau Jersey I'll be back."Mitchell might not be coming back, but fortunately, he does have a career to fall back on. The former UGA star is a . Although Mitchell had plenty of talent, the 2016 fourth-round pick battled injuries his entire career and was never really himself after his rookie season. Mitchell finished his rookie year with 32 catches for 401 yards and four touchdowns, numbers that will now go down as his career totals.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC