Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Steelers Devin Bush Giants Daniel Jones
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 09:16 

has heard it his entire life. He's undersized. He's too small. He's not big enough to be a dominant football player.Bush, the ' first-round pick out of Michigan, hasn't let his doubters deter him. Instead, the 5-foot-11, 234-pound inside linebacker is letting those doubters fuel his fire. Bush is also out to prove that Pittsburgh knew what they were doing when they traded two draft picks to move up 10 spots to land him with the 10th overall pick in the draft. The last time the Steelers traded up in the first round to draft a defender? In 2003, when they nabbed future Hall of Fame safety, Troy Polamalu. No pre sure there.Bush, who alluded to his doubters when he recently launched his own clothing line (its unofficial title is , appropriately enough), is off to a strong start in Pittsburgh. In spring practices, the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year was calling plays for the Steelers' defense, receiving first-team reps ahead of veteran free agent acquisition, . During the early portions of training camp, he was excelling in pa s coverage, covering backs and receivers Milwaukee Brewers Jersey on intermediate routes and routinely coming up on the winning side of the matchup.While he has the full confidence of his teammates, Bush is still carrying a chip on his shoulder heading into his rookie season. And while he is hoping to do many of the same things that did during his two Pro Bowl seasons in Pittsburgh, Bush is also on a team rich in tradition at the linebacker position. Robin Yount Jersey "Every day I just go out there and treat it as football and have fun with it," Bush said during the spring, per 105.9 the X. "I'm not trying to overthink my position and what's expected of me. I've kinda gone into it with an open mind. I don't try to add any more pre sure than I already have with just learning."Bush, part of the new breed of athletic inside linebackers, said that his youth experience as a running back and as a cornerback will benefit him at the next level."The running back part, just being able to have a vision. See the field and make explosive cuts and recognize the plays shape before it happens," he said. "At cornerback, it's having sound feet, technique and being able to turn your hips and run. That's a lot of things I have to do at the linebacker position. It just compliments a lot of the things I have to do now." Is there any part of him that's worried that his size will hold him back at the next level?"Nah, I don't think his size is a knock on me nor do I think it's a minus on me," Bush said. "I kinda use my height and how I'm built to my advantage. I'm not a huge target, nor am I a big body to hit. So I can get up under taller guys and guys who are longer than me."Bush is aware that his succe s will largely be measured by how well the Steelers do in 2019. After mi sing the postseason last season after failing to adequately addre s the lo s of Shazier, a second consecutive non-playoff season in 2019 would be considered unacceptable in a town that prides itself on the succe s of Yovani Gallardo Jersey their profe sional sports teams. "Win as many games as po sible," Bush said of his goal for the upcoming season. "Get to the playoffs, and handle busine s from there."Bush is one of several rookies who will be under pre sure to step up and make an immediate impact. Here are a few others you should keep your eyes on during the preseason.Seahawks receiver D.K. MetcalfMetcalf, a rookie receiver who was drafted by the , has no questions with regard to his size. A chiseled, athletic playmaker at 6-foot-3 and 229 pounds, Metcalf's size, speed (he was clocked at a 4.33 in the 40-yard-dash prior to the draft) and a knack for making highlight-reel catches in college drew loose comparisons to Hall of Fame receiver Randy Mo s, the owner of the greatest rookie receiving season in history. Many thought Metcalf would parlay all of his pre-draft hype into a first-round selection. Instead, Metcalf found himself still available on Day 2 of the draft before Seattle snatched him up with the 64th overall pick.Despite his clear tangibles, questions about his route-running, inconsistent hands and lack of eye-popping stats at Ole Mi s led to his fall to the second round.With no longer in Seattle, the pre sure is certainly on Metcalf to make an immediate impact. Metcalf certainly appears to be up for the challenge, making several impre sive catches during a recent practice that included a one-handed grab on a pa s from quarterback . Wilson has obviously been impre sed with is new target, recently stating that he believes that Metcalf has " ." While making those times of proclamations are a tad bit premature, Metcalf is looking to live up to his pre-draft hype while proving his naysayers wrong in the proce s."You know, I was a nobody at one point in my life," Metcalf said following a recent practice, per the . "So I've just got to keep that same mentality."Jets edge rusher Jachai PolitePolite, another rookie who saw his stock fall during draft weekend, as Metcalf. An outside linebacker out of the University of Florida, Polite fell to the third round following a poor performance at the NFL combine. Polite, who racked up 11 sacks, six forced fumbles and 19.5 tackles for lo s during his final season with the Gators, hasn't exactly been turning heads at ' training camp. He's received mostly third-team reps while working through the challenges of learning an NFL playbook.Adam Gase Stephen Vogt Jersey , who is entering his first season as the head coach in New York after three years as the head man in Miami, believes that the preseason could be Polite's chance to truly show what he can do after a rocky 2019 so far. Some athletes are just pure performances, players that don't time or practice well but know how to turn it on when it's really time to go.Gase is hoping Polite falls under that category of athletes."Getting into real games for him is going to be the thing that, where I think he'll show up a lot," Gase said, per the . "We'll notice him after preseason games where he'll be that guy that gets a sack or a couple sacks in a and I think that's what he needs. That's only going to help his confidence." It's hard not to mention the parallels between Polite and another former Florida pa s rusher, Javon Kearse. Nicknamed "The Freak" for his innate ability to rush the pa ser while wreaking havoc on opposing offense, Kearse earned All-Pro honors as a rookie Paul Molitor Jersey in 1999 while helping the advance to the .While having a season like Kearse did 20 years is the dream, Polite is staying focused on what he needs to do on a day-to-day basis. "I'm just working on learning the plays," he said from Jets' training camp, per the , "and then time will tell in that part." Browns linebacker Mack WilsonWilson, an inside linebacker out of Alabama, plummeted ever further in this draft. Initially projected as the third-best inside linebacker in the draft (behind Bush and , who was selected by Tampa Bay with the fifth overall pick), Wilson fell to

Alle Zeiten sind UTC