Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Jaguars owner Shad Khan Trump jealous of
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 14. Apr 2023, 09:43 

A week after owner Shad Khan said Donal Trump has " ," he weighed in again on a president oddly obse sed with the . Trump, who before he ran for the highest office in the land or was a reality television star, owned the USFL's New Jersey Generals and sued the NFL on the grounds that it was a monopoly. The court sided with Trump and awarded Nathan Noel Jersey him $1 in damages. That's not a typo -- 100 pennies for his trouble. "The NFL turned around and said and they brought out their media guns and just crushed us. It just broke the will of most of the owners," former USFL Executive Director Steve Ehrhart told CNN last month. The league collapsed in 1986 after Anton Forsberg Jersey just three years. Then, in 2014, Trump tried to buy the of the $1.4 billion bid placed by Terry Pegula, who eventually purchased the team. In news that surprises no one, to mock Pegula shortly after the deal was finalized. " ," Khan told USAToday.com's Jarrett Bell on Wednesday. "He's been elected president, where maybe a great goal he had in life to own an is not very likely. So to make it tougher, or to hurt the league, it's very calculated." Khan, who bought the Jaguars in 2011 for $760 million, contributed $1 million to Trump's inauguration. But in the wake of Trump's remarks that owners should fire players who "disrespect the flag," Khan instead chose to before a Sept. 24 game against the and then i sued a statement that read in part: "I met with our team captains prior to the game to expre s my support for them, all players and the league following the divisive and contentious remarks made by President Trump." Unity Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) Trump has been ."It's so bad," said Khan of the reports. "It's below the lowest of the lowest expectations. It doesn't sound rational. It's bizarre."Khan, who emigrated from Pakistan at the age of 16, concedes that he was initially shocked when he heard Trump's Luc Snuggerud Jersey rhetoric towards immigrants and Muslims. ..."Let's get real," the Jaguars owner said. "The attacks on Muslims, the attacks on minorities, the attacks on Jews. I think the NFL doesn't even come close to that on the level of being offensive. Here, it's about money, or me sing with -- trying to soil a league or a brand that he's jealous of."So does Khan regret giving Trump $1 million?"I have no regrets in life," he said, adding that he was intrigued by some of Trump's proposed economic policies. "This ugly, toxic side sours the whole experience."Khan wasn't the Brent Seabrook Jersey only owner to speak out against the president on Wednesday. asked 49ers' owner Jed York what the league should do the next time Trump goes on a tirade about the players' anthem protest. "We need to be above it," he said. "We need to be above petty attacks from anybody, because racial and socioeconomic inequality have existed in this country for too long. You've got to block out the noise and do your job." owner Arthur Blank added: "You know what I have learned in 75 years? Control what you can control. Be responsible for what you say and do. In the NFL, our values have to respect the shield. We always have had a partnership with our players and now we have to stand with Bobby Orr Jersey them on these important i sues."

Alle Zeiten sind UTC