Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: New World Gamers who have experienced early versions of
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Mo 11. Okt 2021, 13:35 

It has been revealed that the New World team has provided a small update on server transfers, a promised feature that was laid the groundwork for earlier this week but has not yet been released. A post on the new world coins game forums has provided some new information on the development process, including why it has been delayed and what it will be like when the game launches.

In a nutshell, a character will receive a free token from the in-game store, which they can then use to transfer to a world that is not yet full, is not under maintenance, and is located in the same region as their current world. You'll keep all of your progress, currency, houses, and other items, but you won't be able to maintain a company membership, friends list, or trading post orders during this time.

What is the reason for the delay in implementing server transfers? During our testing, we discovered a few edge cases in which the transfer experience did not meet our expectations for the release of the product. This means that we will need to spend a little more time resolving these issues before we can confidently award everyone their free server transfer token, according to TrevzorFTW, the community manager.

Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed from the system; they will not be carried over to the next trading day. You are unable to transport your character to a complete world. The character you create cannot be moved to a world set where you already have a character in that world set. The author of the post emphasizes the importance of being selective when selecting a world because more transfer tokens will not be immediately available. It is possible that another wave of free tokens will be distributed, and that server transfer tokens will later be made available for purchase in the store. Before changing the status of tokens from a free to a paid service, we will provide advance notice.

Getting an MMO's servers up and running smoothly is a difficult task in and of itself, let alone transferring material between them when a company experiences completely unexpected levels of interest in its game. The technical issues that occurred yesterday resulted in an extended maintenance downtime, which comes as no surprise considering that Amazon Games was forced to halt character creation on overburdened servers and that we've been keeping track of server information for quite some time.

Due to the relatively late level gate (World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV both open their dungeons to you at level 15, which I've already more than reached in New World), there appears to be some unintended sleight of hand in the first 20 or so levels. Crafting, on the other hand, is a relatively efficient method of leveling. Every time you create something, whether it's armor, weapons, or a particularly attractive pair of curtains, you gain experience points. Depending on your outlook and build (especially if you're a squishy healer), going out and spending a long time harvesting herbs to use in potions might be the quickest and most efficient way to get into dungeons and fight monsters. I've discovered that, instead of being a brave and dashing adventurer, I now essentially just have a job, and it's a job that feels more than a little grindy at times.

The thing is, however, that I don't necessarily despise it. There are a dizzying number of achievements available in {anchor}, and I've set my sights on the Master Carpenter achievement, partly out of spite at this point in the game's development. And, you know, a good MMO should allow you to play in the way that you want. It's just that I'm really looking forward to exploring the dungeons.

New World server transfers delayed due to 'edge cases,' no transfers between regionsCan You Play ‘New World’ Solo?Dr Disrespect explains why he refuses to play New World “for even five seconds”New World players are already scamming each other out of huge sums of goldLooks like New World players are getting each other banned to win warsFor flagging Amazon games unit, “New World” “has to be our breakthrough”The Biggest Fixes New World NeedsNew World review in progress: a fresh, swashbuckling MMO that's still very grindy early on

Alle Zeiten sind UTC